...

We are not sure if God will continue to grow our family in number, however we continue to grow in love and our roots deepen and take hold. My prayer for my family is that we deepen our love for the lord as we travel this journey to discover God's purpose for each of our lives. We surrender ourselves and may we always be open to the plans He has for us.


For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19


Sunday, February 27, 2011

A "not extreme", but "overdue" makeover!


While Dom was away for a week on business travel, I had three projects I wanted to accomplish.  Well, I touched on two, and finished one!  That's really good in a week's time for tackling "personal" projects!  The project I finished was to make over our "wasted space area" as we nicknamed it.  It is an alcove space off the kitchen that became a "dumping" area for anything and everything that did not have a place to go, or was a "waiting" area for something to temporarily stop at before it's final destination (which in many cases was the trash because I could not stand looking at the things any longer).  Although we do not entertain like we used to, I wanted to showcase our crystal and some wine accessories I have collected over the years.  I toyed with the idea of painting the space, but it was now Thursday morning and I hadn't touched it yet, and Dom was coming home in 24 hours.  So, off to Wal*Mart we went and I bought a piece of fabric in the fabric dept.  I hung it in one straight long piece from the tippy top of the alcove's interior to the end of the bottom shelf.  Then I cut little slits in the fabric so I could insert the brackets for the shelves.  I then lined the shelves with a beautiful fabric my mom had given me and I couldn't believe how it all came together - and just in time for hubby to arrive home and say "WOW!" 

The seond project I finished the following week, which was to set up my sewing maching in my new "sewing room".  And the third project I just finished today! - which was to clean out and re-organize the laundry room.    What a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment